Thursday, September 24, 2009

A New Beginning

It was 5:30 AM and I could barely open my eyes and I just did not want to wake up… but I knew I had to, so I crawled out of bed and began choosing what to wear for school. I walked into the dark-empty hallway, it was freezing and lifeless. I walked into the kitchen and turned on the lights, shuffling my feet I slowly made my way to the pantry to pour myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes. They were very stale from not being eaten since last June but I still managed to eat the entire bowl. After I was finally done I turned on the television and watched the morning news at 6, which was boring but it was the only thing on that early in the morning.

When it came time to leave 20 minutes later I rushed out the door and into the empty world, everyone was asleep and my street was so dark… I felt like it was the last man on earth. I slowly made my way down to the end of the street, to be met with a bunch of sophomores; they did not talk much since it was so early in the morning… When the bus finally arrived at our stop I climbed up the steep staircase and sat in the nearest seat to the two kids who were on my bus last year. We talked about our summer and looked for other kids we knew on the bus.

When we finally got to school I was surprised at the amount of people at the school it was like the entire population of Michigan had gathered at the school. When I got into the school I slowly made my way through the people talking in the hall and found my locker. I put my books away, grabbed a random pencil and went to go find some friends. I found a couple people and talked about how our summer went and what we had done exciting. I was so tired I didn’t really want to talk so I just said “It was good” and listened in on what the others had to say.

When the first bell had rung I rushed to my first hour and was ready to officially start my school year at Stevenson, I knew it was going to be a great school year…

1 comment:

  1. "A true piece of art." Says The Dan Ketelhut times.

    "A sample of the writing that is hip and informative." From Dan Ketelhut.

    This piece was very describing. I like the use of words when you said,"I walked into the dark-empty hallway, it was freezing and lifeless." I thought that I was listening to a professional. You use these power words the best! -Dan

    ReplyDelete