Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Stormy Weekend - The Big Fish Blog!


It was a dark-cloudy Saturday evening; a huge rain storm was upon us. Before the storm started my family had to go to the store to get some food. It took about 10 minutes to get to the store, while there we picked up many food items (cereal, milk, eggs, etc.) while in the middle of your shopping the store lights went out. It was so dark you couldn’t see the hand in front of you. As soon as the generators went on we bought our food and left.

On the way home we could saw the 50+ foot high storm front, the wind was very strong, so strong the bike rack filled with bikes flew away! It was complete chaos; we rushed into the house groceries in hand. Since the power was out we had to get the generator from our backyard shed, the shed was a distance away. My dad had to run into the shed and hull the large generator out, the wind was so heavy the generator wheeled away down the driveway by the heavy wind…

My Dad finally gotten the generator near the house and hooked up, the house illuminated the dark neighborhood. Near the end of the storm we heard the loudest sound ever heard before it was like 10000 fingernails against a chalk board. My neighbors 4 ft tree had flown out of the ground and landed in my yard and reached over into my other neighbor’s yard!

After the storm had settled and wind gone I could hear my neighbor’s dog pack (5-8 dogs) barking from the inside of her house as everyone helped to cut down the tree into moveable pieces. Just as we got started, channel 7, Channel 2, channel 5, etc. pulled in – every news station in Michigan had shown up to see the massive 10 foot wide hole in the ground. Everyone from my neighborhood to 2 blocks over was there.

It was the craziest weekend of my life, but a very exciting and interesting one.

1 comment: