Thursday, November 5, 2009

Halloween


Halloween is always the best time of the year – candy, scary movies, candy, dressing up and did I mention all the candy?

One of my favorite scary movies I’ve seen was the original “The Exorcist”, it may be a very old movie but it is a very scary one in my opinion. When I first saw it I couldn’t sleep for the next week and a half, and I usually don’t get scared by movies easily. Another movie that I was horrified of when I was about in the 4th grade was Chucky. I couldn’t stand him he just freaked me out, and every now and then my mom would trick me and tell me to turn the channel to this “cool” show and it would be chucky.

Dressing up isn’t a big thing in my family; I have dressed up as the same thing since I was in the 1st grade. I really don’t mind it as long as I get the candy; it is a skeleton mask with a black cape. (The Grim Reaper) My brother usually buys a new costume every year and never looks at it again after that year Halloween.

My favorite kind of candy is Milky Way’s and Mint Three Musketeer’s, but no one ever pass those out since no one else likes them. I never stay out to get a lot of candy because my next door neighbor gives her left over candy.

This year I didn’t even go tricking treating I went to On The Border for my father’s birthday which is the 31st and rented a free movie because it was his birthday. The movie I rented didn’t keep to the Halloween spirit – it was Land of the Lost, it wasn’t that funny but some parts were. My favorite part was when Will Ferrell said “great now we are stuck here with these things peering into our souls” he was referring to these animals with big eye that were staring at them in this small room.

So overall Halloween is a fun part of the year its beautiful outside and people are happy. It is the one holiday that’s main focus is to give kids lots of candy, which is what makes it such a great holiday.

1 comment:

  1. Matt, I havent seen the Exorcist, but the most scaryest movie I saw was Paranormal Activity. Sadly i didnt get to see it all..(i fell asleep). I recomend it to you if you havent seen it. Its pretty freaky.

    ReplyDelete